Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blessings From Above



This Thanksgiving was my first ever holiday away from family. But of course God showed up and showed off as usual! I was dreading the week going into it. But I finally thought to myself...No. I could focus on the things that are different all I want but it will not change a thing. So instead, I focused on what all God had given me here! The blessings that can be so easily overlooked. Instead of having Thanksgiving dinner with my immediate family around the table...I had one with my friend family. I asked the "girls" to come over and enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving meal. Well, as traditional as it can be when you are in another country :) And then we had a missionary get together at the Moore's that evening! So here are some photos of the day!

Here are the girls writing what they are thankful for! Gotta love Maggie B!
I couldn't get all the paper in one picture so here is a little tid bit of what we are so very thankful for at the moment :)

Sitting around waiting for round one to settle before dessert :)

Friday the Allen's invited me over for another Thanksgiving with some close friends they have here. We had a great time eating...again and spending the afternoon playing games! It was a wonderful day! Reminded me of home :)

Mrs. Amy fixing some last minute desserts :) yumm.o.

We can't afford real turkey so Jo had a can of SPAM Turkey! lol
We didn't eat it but it sure gave us some laughs :)

God even gave us an extra special blessing! There was a football game on TV! That is a rare treat :) And for those of you that know me really well know this must be a big deal for me to write about it because I really don't care for sports. But it was something familiar. And I know it was a little smile straight from Him :)

I'm beginning to learn that it is all about perspective and we can choose to focus on what we don't have or we can focus on what we DO have and praise Him for it!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, that last paragraph is SO TRUE!! It's a constant struggle and many times I fail. But when I think about it, I am so very blessed. Holidays on the field are great exercises in perspective!!

    ReplyDelete