Thursday, September 9, 2010

Two Weeks

First of all....Rebekah, do not faint! :)
I cannot believe that its possible that I left home two weeks ago today. Life has been a whirlwind of activity just getting over here to Bacolod and settling in. God has been so very faithful in giving me just what I needed when I needed it. I have felt the prayers of you all back home and I am so grateful for them.
My apartment is just about ready for me to move into and that has been fun and exciting fixing up my own place. I feel like such a grownup! Even the electric bill with my name on it was pretty exciting, though I doubt it stays that way. :)

So my apartment might need a "little" mopping! I'll post pics when I get it all finished!


first night at GMAs


My welcome in Bacolod. Made my heart smile!

I travel "light" :)

Its been amazing to see God work out every little detail, from my getting everything ready to leave, to the journey over here, my arrival, just everything! God's timing has been absolutely perfect! I just continue to stand in awe of Him and am humbled that He called me, just an ordinary girl from Mississippi, to carry His light to the Asia Pacific region.
I'm praying for you all as you carry His light to whatever part of the world He has placed you, whether that is in school somewhere, at a job, with your family, wherever you are there is where He has called you. Shine your light for all to see and know that I am praying for you.
Please continue to pray for me as well, there is such comfort in knowing that I'm being lifted up in prayer. There are still many adjustment days coming, times of homesickness and feelings of being overwhelmed, but our God has been faithful before, He WILL be faithful again! And I am so excited to be here in this place, at this time!
Hugs to all of you!
~Sarah

3 comments:

  1. way to go saro!!!! i'm so so so proud of you for blogging! and i had this uber-long comment but then i discovered that something wasn't configured right on my computer and i hit 'preview' and it deleted it :( BOO.

    but the gist of it was, i can't believe it's been two weeks either! i was thinking about that when i woke up at 2:30 this morning how two weeks ago i was waking up (granted, a little later than that) to take you to the airport! CRAZY! :)

    and then there were the words to this song that has been stuck in my head all morning.

    "Lord You are Good
    And your mercy endureth forever
    Lord You are good
    And your mercy endureth forever


    From every nation and every tongue
    From generation to generation
    We worship you
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah,
    We worship you for who you are.
    We worship you
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah,
    We worship you for who you are
    And You are Good.

    You are good all the time
    and all the time, You are good."

    isn't He good all the time? and faithful? and i'll have to find a verse that i thought of you when i saw it the other day, it's on a card. oh well.

    love you!! and i can't wait for the next post!

    and i didn't faint ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and just because i can comment as many times as i want

    http://stuffchristianslike.net/2010/09/3637/

    "human impossibility amplifies God's glory"

    like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - you can mop . . . and mop again . . . and mop for eternity, but the dirt always wins! Well, at least as long as your windows are open. Will see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete